German M42 Infantry steel Helmet in WW2 camouflage pattern which would have been used during the Normandy campaign. There wasn't a specific way to paint the pattern and it varied depending on the individual soldier but these three colours are a typical Normandy pattern we have seen on helmets and equipment.
WW2 German infantry helmet, this is the M42 model which has the "raw edge" rim, as a cost saving measure the rolling or crimping procedure used on the rim of earlier helmets was omitted. The two vents also replica the outwardly embossed vents replacing the insert-able vent rivets of earlier models.
- Leather liner which has the correct metal crown which is held into the helmet by three split pins
- Leather chinstrap
- Metal shell with two vent holes and raw edge
- Stamped inside with manufactures 4 digit code
- Stamped inside with shell and liner size like original
- Chinstrap stamped maker and berlin
Available in 4 sizes
- 56cms - Helmet size 64 Liner size 56
- 58cms - Helmet size 66 Liner size 58
- 60cms - Helmet size 68 Liner size 60
- 62cms - Helmet size 70 Liner size 62
The paint scheme is applied individually to each helmet and will not look the identical to the one in the picture. The inside of the helmet will be still the original colour black or Grey depending as original helmets would have been.