American WW2 M1943 Paratrooper jump trousers.
After Normandy the US Army replaced a lot of different clothing with a more standard combat uniform the was called the M43 or Model 1943 (M1943) uniform. Most branch of services received the M43 uniform including the Armoured, Infantry and Airborne.
The US Airborne decided that the jacket was fine as it was but the trousers needed extra carrying capacity so they the paratrooper riggers cut up some canvas and sew them onto the legs to make big pockets.
The pockets are made from a canvas so they are heavier than the rest of the cotton trousers and they are closed by two press studs. To help stop the gear moving around inside the pocket leg straps made from the same canvas as the pockets where also sewn onto the legs. Please note unlike other makes of replica M43 para trousers the leg ties match the canvas leg pockets and are already sewn onto the legs.
The US M43 Airborne Jump trousers features:
- Green cotton trouser.
- Inside pockets are white cotton.
- Button adjustable tabs on waist.
- Six buttons on the inside to attach trouser suspenders/braces to (braces not included)
- Belt loops on the waist band.
- Button closed fly.
- Two front slash hand pockets.
- One small watch pocket on the front.
- Two rear seat pockets.
- Two large leg pockets press stud closed.
- Leg ties sewn onto each leg.
- Button adjustable tabs on the ankles.
- Inside leg measures 32.5". (83cm)
These would have been worn with the standard M43 combat jacket and either the M43 buckle boots or Corcoran jump boots.