The Field Grey StuG Feldjacke was part of the special uniform worn by the Waffen SS Assault Artillery or Sturmartillerie.
This type of Feldbluse is often called a "Wrap over".
In WW2 the Heer (Army) and the Waffen SS both wore wrap over tunics but they had slightly design differences, this model is the correct SS version.
Some of the differences between the SS and Army wrap over include:
- The SS panzer wrap over has a vertical flap closure the Army version front flap goes further around the body so the flap cuts back on angle near the top when it is fully fastened.
- The collars tips on the SS wrap over are slightly more rounded, the Army collars are more pointed.
- The back of the tunic on the SS version is made in one piece where the Army version is made in two sections so there is a centre seam running down the middle of the back of the Army Wrap over tunic.
There are many replica Wrap over tunics for sale some and some not so good. Some do not fit correctly, some are made from poor fabrics and feel like felt rather than wool and some do not have all the features or the correct pattern design.
These StuG wrap overs by Richard Underwood Militaria are one of the best on the market, they are made from quality wool, they have a good smart fit and are fully featured even down to the correct quality insignia.
The Richard Underwood Militaria wrap over has the following features:
- Quality wool.
- Correct straight cut wrap over flap.
- Flap is fastened by 4 large concealed resin buttons at the bottom and 3 smaller exposed buttons at the top.
- On the other side of the front flap there are two small resin buttons which fasten onto two tabs on the liner of the tunic.
- Collar has a metal hook and loop fastener so it can be worn open neck or closed up to the collar.
- Collar tips are slightly rounded (not completely rounded, they still come to a point just not as sharp as the Army version).
- On the inside there is cotton cords on each side to pull in and adjust the waist.
- Cotton tabs hanging below the arm pits with four holes in them to fit the belt support hooks in.
- In the side seams there is a sewn in cotton tab which has two slits sewn (like rectangle button holes) to fit the belt support hooks in. Please note the slits (holes) are stitched but the fabric has not been cut through to keep a neat appearance if you want to fit the belt support hooks you would simply cut the fabric between the stitching. The stitching stops the hole from enlarging, this is how they make button holes.
- Front inside sections are both lined in black cotton.
- Inside pocket on the left chest with a vertical access opening.
- The back of the wrap over is made from a single panel so there is no centre seam running down the middle.
- Four darts (fabric sewn in to form a better/tighter shape) running up half way up the tunic from the bottom hem (two at the back and two at the front).
- Sleeve cuffs are adjustable with two small resin buttons.
- Includes black shoulder boards with rose pink piping for Panzer troops.
- Includes quality SS collar tabs sewn on, one blank and one with the SS runes on.
- Includes quality SS arm eagle sewn onto the left arm.
Price is for 1 x Waffen SS StuG wrap over tunic with insignia already sewn on so it is ready to wear.
We also have for the sale the correct matching Waffen SS StuG field grey trousers, see below under related items.