German WW2 StuG wrap over in field grey by Richard Underwood Militaria.
Also know as the Sturmartillerie (Assault Artillery Wrap over) Feldbluse.
This is the Heer (Army) version of the StuG tunic, it is basically the same as the Heer black panzer wrap tunic but in field grey colour. The design of the panzer wrap over tunic was deemed as suitable for StuG crews but as they could be outside of the vehicle more or exposed than Panzer crews it was decided that the field grey colour would be better suited. As the field grey colour uniform was also the same colour as the infantry uniform they blended in better when mixed in with the infantry.
The Army Stug wrap over tunic uniform was introduced in May 1940, this quality replica by Richard Underwood Militaria features:
- Quality field grey wool.
- Front wrap over flap is straight vertical from the bottom hem to the arm pit then its cuts diagonally across the chest up to the collars.
- Flap is fastened by 4 large concealed black resin buttons at the bottom and 3 smaller exposed buttons at the top.
- On the other side of the front flap there are two small resin buttons which fasten onto two tabs on the liner of the tunic.
- Collar has a metal hook and loop fastener so it can be worn open neck or closed up to the collar.
- Collar tips are pointed.
- On the inside there is cotton cords on each side to pull in and adjust the waist.
- Cotton tabs hanging below the arm pits with four holes in them to fit the belt support hooks in.
- In the side seams there is a sewn in cotton tab which has four slits sewn (like rectangle button holes) to fit the belt support hooks in. Please note the slits (holes) are stitched but the fabric has not been cut through to keep a neat appearance if you want to fit the belt support hooks you would simply cut the fabric between the stitching. The stitching stops the hole from enlarging, this is how they make button holes.
- Front inside sections are both lined in grey cotton.
- Inside pocket on the left chest with a vertical access opening.
- Inside pocket on the right chest with a horizontal opening.
- The back of the wrap over is made from two panels so there is a centre seam running down the middle.
- Four darts (fabric sewn in to form a better/tighter shape) running up half way up the tunic from the bottom hem (two at the back and two at the front).
- Sleeve cuffs are adjustable with two small resin buttons.
- Includes field grey shoulder boards with rose pink piping.
- Includes quality Bevo Army breast eagle sewn onto the chest.
This is the Heer (Army) StuG wrap over tunic version which has slight differences to the SS Stug Wrap over tunic version these are:
- The Army version front flap goes further around the body so the flap cuts back on angle near the top when it is fully fastened, the SS panzer wrap over has a straight vertical flap closure.
- The collars tips on the Army model are more pointed than the collars on the SS version.
- The back of the Army tunic is made from two panels so there is a centre seam running down the middle of the back, the back of the SS tunic is made in one piece so there is no centre seam on the back.
Price is for 1 x Army Stug Wrap over tunic by Richard Underwood Militaria complete with insignia already sewn on so it is ready to wear.
We also have for the sale the correct matching Army StuG trousers, see below under the related items.